Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause drastic changes to your skin quality. If you had previously been blessed with clear skin prior to your pregnancy, pimples, acne and other skin rashes might seem unpleasant though some women with acne have reported that their skin have cleared up during pregnancy.
Prescription medicines for skin issues are high in Vitamin A and studies have shown that this harms the unborn child. Here are some tips and natural remedies to consider to make sure your skin is taken care of during your pregnancy. Do reach out to your primary care physician if your skin conditions worsens.
Pointers to prevent skin issues and to clear Acne.
- Use a mild cleanser and wash your face regularly; exfoliate but do not use harsh scrubs.
- Stress reduction is another accelerant to skin issues, exercise daily to increase blood circulation and oxygen absorption by your skin
- Drink lots of water each day, think of this as Detox.
- Drink green teas as they have polyphenols such as flavonoids, which functions as a powerful antioxidant
- Don’t pop, scratch try to physically remove pimples, this might cause permanent scarring.
- Avoid harsh chemical or heavy oil based cosmetics. Clean your makeup brushes in warm water often.
- Avoid excessive sunlight, extreme climates.
- Avoid skin abrasion cased when wearing tight or ill fitting clothing.
- Wear moisture wicking fabrics (such as merino wool) to avoid trapping sweat against your skin.
Remedies for Acne treatment
- Lavender or tea tree oils when applied on acne areas provide natural antibiotics that can kill a vast range of microorganisms and help reduce itching, swelling and redness. A steam facial with these tea oils helps exfoliate your skin to clean them. do make sure to splash cold water once done to close the pores.
- Freshly cut garlic cloves or lemon juice with cinnamon powder works wonders on acne and itchy skin.
- Application of vinegar or citric fruits (orange zest) work as natural exfoliates. Use a cotton swab dipped in these liquids and apply generously to the affected area, wash off after 10-15 minutes with cold water.
- Ice cubes when pimples are about to break help control the damage.
While you can’t control the hormonal changes happening to your body during pregnancy, these simple tips and care techniques can help your skin looking years younger, cleaner and fresher.